Microsoft Dynamics 365 has a new feature added for customizing entity views, where-in we can add custom icons with tool-tip text to display in a column depending on the column value; we can also specify localized tool-tip text.
Note : Adding custom icons with tool-tip is supported only for read-only grids; this feature isn’t supported for editable grids.
- Entire row object
- Calling user’s locale Id ( i.e LCID). It is used to specifies tool-tip text for icon in multiple languages.
Here we are selecting a custom two option set field which indicates the type of case (i.e Support or Fault). If the case is fault then show blue color icon and if support then red.
2. Steps to add icons and tool-tips to entity view
- Get the icons of size 16*16 and add them as image web resource in dynamics (select number of icons based on your condition) .
- Edit the view of desired entity.
- Select the column for which the custom icons and tool-tip(s) are to be added and click on “Change Properties”.
- Select the web resource to it and enter the function name.
- Save and publish the changes.
- Navigate to the entity and select the view.
Posted By: Nitin Res, Osmosee