Category: General

Regret for inadvertent activity

Posted on July 17, 2018 by in General

Dear Subscriber,

A test post has been created inadvertently in the process of testing our new website. We regret for any inconvenience.


Team Osmosys

GitLab – Recovering from a corrupted database record

Posted on May 17, 2018 by in General


One of the most terrifying thing for a Database administrator to come across is a corrupted database.

Corrupted Database

A database corruption can be defined as a problem associated with the improper storage of the 0’s and 1’s that you need to store on the disk in order to access your data.

Despite the usefulness of the relational databases, they are prone to corruption, which results in the inaccessibility of some or all the data in the database.

More than 95% of corruption happens due to hardware failure. Among the remaining 5% we have,

Prevent iOS from zooming in on input fields

Posted on January 5, 2017 by in General, iOS, Mobile Technologies

Developing a responsive website that works well across various browsers and devices is tough. The difficulty is compounded by the fact that browser vendors keep adding distinct behaviors to improve user experience. We recently faced an issue with the auto zoom-in feature in Safari on iOS. 

Auto-clearing browser cache after deployments

Posted on July 13, 2016 by in General

Majority of web developers have had to, one time or the other, ask their users or the test engineer to clear their cache before validating a change. Browsers’ cache static resources like JavaScript and CSS, and load them from their cache to improve page load speed. Hence your latest modifications won’t apply until the end user clears their browser’s cache. We’ve been using a technique that allows us to refresh the browser cache automatically without asking our users to do so.


Posted on June 24, 2015 by in General

Traditional web applications or portals have navigation in the form of menus (with dropdown options), toolbars or accordion etc. While each have their own pros and cons, none of them provide an UI similar to desktop.

Imagine showcasing the navigation options in one massive gird based gallery? Impress the visitors with a unique UI where the content is laid out creatively. Enter Gridster and all this becomes a reality where the UI is tile based (similar to Windows 8) and users can play with each widget/tile. Users can reposition the tiles/widgets to suit their preference using Gridster’s drag-and-drop feature.

Cross Site Scripting

Posted on February 28, 2013 by in General

Cross Site Scripting (or XSS) is a type of security vulnerability typically found in Web Applications. XSS allows hackers to inject client side scripts written in a language like JavaScript, VBScript into Web Pages that is then viewed by other users. According to Symantec’s records (2007) XSS accounted for nearly 84% of all security vulnerabilities.

Getting Files Out of GAC

Posted on November 15, 2010 by in General

DLLs once deployed in GAC (normally located at c:\windows\assembly) can’t be viewed or used as a normal DLL file. They can’t be directly referenced from VS project. Developers usually keep a copy of the original DLL file and refer to it in the project at development (design) time, which uses the assembly from GAC during run-time of the project.